7 Reasons to Remodel Your Kitchen
The kitchen is where everyone gathers. Whether it’s just your family, or whether you’re entertaining friends, the kitchen should be a place where people feel a sense of togetherness. If your kitchen has a chopped-up layout or an outdated look, you may find yourself seriously considering a kitchen remodel. Kitchen remodels rank just under bathroom remodels in popularity, according to The National Association of Homebuilders.
If you’re like most people, you probably have lots of ideas for what you’d like in a kitchen. But you may not be sure if you should put those ideas into action. If you’re on the fence about whether to move forward with your kitchen remodel idea, here are seven reasons to feel great about your plans!
- Cook at home more. Cooking at home doesn’t just bring bring people together, it’s also healthier. A recent study by Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health showed that “people who frequently cook meals at home eat healthier and consume fewer calories than those who cook less.” When you cook at home, you know exactly what’s going into a dish, and you can make smarter choices while still enjoying a flavorful meal. With an updated kitchen, you’ll be more likely to want to hang out there—and cook!
- Create more space in a small kitchen. Sometimes the layout can make even a large kitchen seem small. If you have an L-shaped counter or other elements that break up space, you can streamline and eliminate the bulk. In older homes that don’t have open floor plans, often a wall can be taken out for breathing room. But you don’t have to go big on your small kitchen remodel to gain space. You can simply install a fold-down table if you don’t have a separate breakfast nook, or add a ceiling-mounted pot rack, for example.
- Get more storage. Everyone wants more storage space! Adding a walk-in pantry, additional cabinets, and extra drawers can make a cluttered kitchen look clean and organized. The availability of storage options today is endless. You can do a kitchen remodel on a budget to get more storage space by getting creative with portable kitchen pantries and hook racks.
- Be safer. Between old appliances wearing out and cramped storage for knives and other sharp objects, kitchens often need a safety update. Replacing appliances and rethinking your storage and cooking workflow can prevent fires, falls, and injuries.
- Save money. Energy-efficient dishwashers use less than half the amount of water per cycle compared to regular dishwashers, and energy-efficient refrigerators can save up to 3x the electricity compared to old refrigerators.
- Get your dream kitchen. There’s a reason prospective buyers exclaim in delight when they see a great kitchen. Dream kitchens really do make an impact in your love for your home. Especially if you like to cook, you can indulge your hobby in a practical way.
- Sell your home more quickly when you’re ready to move. Just like with bathroom remodels [link to bathroom remodel post], updated kitchens sell houses! Most buyers are looking for move-in-ready homes, and the fact that yours has an attractive, new kitchen will incentivize buyers. And the quicker your home sells, the higher the price you’re likely to get.
Kitchen remodels are one of the most dramatic improvements you can make to your home, and no wonder they’re so popular. It’s not too much to say that a kitchen remodel can give you health, happiness, and wealth — at least save you some money long-term, and get you a better price when you’re ready to move!
Questions about your kitchen remodel or want to know how much your kitchen remodel might cost? Give us a call at (864) 313-2982 or send us a message here.