Ready for a New Deck? Here are 5 Benefits of a Deck Remodel
Who doesn’t love sitting out on the deck in the morning, sipping coffee and enjoying watching the day begin? Or gathering with friends on the deck around a fire-pit, snacking on delicious food, waiting for the football game? A deck helps you to make the most of your outdoor space and gives you a reason to get outside and relax in nature.
If you’re thinking about deck construction and remodeling your old deck (or building a new one!), here are 5 benefits you’ll want to know about.
- Spend more time with friends and family. A deck encourages you to play the host. It’s much simpler and more casual to host a gathering on the deck than it is to have a dinner party indoors. You don’t have to spend hours cleaning or pulling out the fancy dishes. Whether it’s a BBQ or a tapas party, decks make for easy prep and easy cleanup. You can use disposable plates and tableware, and just hose off any spills after everyone leaves. You’re more likely to invite people over if you know the process will be easy and fun!
- Enhance your quality of life. Studies show that spending time outdoors makes you happier. Everything from the increase in Vitamin D to the decrease in stress levels adds to your sense of well-being. It’s tough to take a break from the daily to-do list, but having an inviting place to relax outside makes it easier to incorporate outdoor time into your life. You’ll find yourself wandering out to the deck after work, to decompress and enjoy the evening.
- Increase your living space. Outdoor living space is one of the fastest-growing home trends. People enjoy spending time outside, and they’re building everything from outdoor dining areas to outdoor kitchens. By adding some comfy furniture to your new deck, particularly if you’re creating a covered deck, you can expand your space. And your local deck builder probably has some ideas on how you can get creative to make your outdoor space even more livable.
- Add value to your home. When you’re ready to sell your house, you’ll be glad to know that decks are a great investment. Decks add to the curb appeal to your home and are popular requests for home buyers, so a nice deck can sell a house. Remodeling magazine’s annual “Cost vs. Value Report” shows that a deck addition project returns an average of 80.5% of the original investment—one of the highest values in the survey.
- Make improvements quickly. Compared to other home additions, building a deck is relatively fast. There are no walls to build, no drywall to put up, no shingles to nail down. You can enjoy your new space sooner rather than later! And outdoor deck construction is much less expensive than other renovations. Many people are able to add a deck without even taking out a loan.
Adding or remodeling a deck can be one of the best investments you’ll make in your home. And a deck is something that you can enjoy day-to-day, not just when you sell your home. It will make gathering with friends and family fun and easy, and give you a way to enjoy the outdoors.
Questions about building a deck or remodeling a deck? Give us a call at (864) 313-2982 or send us a message here.