5 Great Benefits of Remodeling Your Bathroom
Thinking about a bathroom remodel? You’re in good company. Bathrooms are the most popular home remodeling project, according to a study done by the National Association of Homebuilders. The bath is an ideal room to remodel, because a little goes a long way. The cost of a bathroom remodel doesn’t have to be high. You can take a bathroom from blah to beautiful with just a few small improvements. They can also be fun projects — if you decide you want to really indulge, you can take advantage of new technology and design to create something special.
If you need a few reasons to convince your significant other to get on board with your project, here are five great benefits you can share with him or her.
- Get energy efficient. Saving water means saving money. And considering that most energy-efficient fixtures last a decade or more, all that savings adds up, and can cover the cost of upgrades. Plus, being energy efficient is good for the planet. The EPA estimates that if only 10% of homes replaced standard fixtures with energy-efficient ones, over 70 billion gallons of water and $1.5 billion in energy costs would be saved. Look for energy-efficient faucets, shower heads, and lighting.
- Make a small room feel more spacious. The good thing about a small bathroom remodel is that you can make your room feel bigger. Often, the way bathroom fixtures are arranged creates an environment that’s hard to maneuver in. But you don’t have to go moving everything around to give your room a sense of space. Sticking to a single, light color scheme will visually open up your room. Keep your tile the same color as your walls, and take the tile in the shower all the way to the ceiling — this will lift the eye and create an expansive feeling. Using clear glass in the shower will prevent the space you do have from getting chopped off visually. And installing large mirrors will give the illusion of extra space. These small-but-significant changes will allow you to do a bathroom remodel on a budget.
- Fall in love with your home again. Bathrooms (and kitchens) have the biggest impact on how a home feels. When your bathrooms are beautiful, your whole house takes on higher-end feel. If you’re getting tired of your home or feel like it’s a bit dowdy, a bathroom remodel can rekindle your love.
- Use a luxurious new bathroom to relax. If you enjoy going to the spa, bring the spa home! Especially when you add up the cost of regular visits to the spa, spending to remodel and create a spa environment at home can actually save you money long-term. Make your bathroom into a serene retreat by installing waterfall-style shower heads, using natural materials like wood and stone, and incorporating a sound system to play calming music. A master bathroom remodel is perfect for this kind of treatment.
- Make your home easier to sell. Homebuyers want newly-remodeled bathrooms. Because remodels are a lot of work and most homebuyers are looking for move-in ready houses, an updated bathroom is extremely attractive to buyers. And the cost to remodel a bathroom can pay off in a quicker sale at a higher price. The longer a house is on the market, the harder it is to sell near asking price. If there’s high interest when you first list, buyers are willing to shell out to get the house because they perceive that it won’t last long on the market. Trends show that you have the greatest chance of selling at full list price in the first 10 days. After 30 days, the sales price may be 5% less than list. After 90 days, homes can lose 10% of list price, and after 120 days, the loss might be as much as 15%. You’ll want to do everything you can to get a contract quickly.
If you need to do some convincing, just pull up this article on your significant other’s browser and leave it for him or her to find! With all the benefits to remodeling your bathroom, why wouldn’t you, right?
Questions about your bathroom remodel or want to know how much your bathroom remodel might cost? Give us a call at (864) 313-2982 or send us a message here.